Photo copyright Jon Crispin 2011. www.joncrispin.com

Photo copyright Jon Crispin 2011
www.joncrispin.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A bit of an escape

Finished reading Scruples by Judith Krantz.

In a fit of nostalgia, I decided to buy a copy of this book and Princess Daisy, also by Judith Kranz. I had enjoyed both books when I was in college, and I wanted to see how well they stood up to the years. Better than I did, I have to admit. They are still pure fantasy, wish fulfillment, and happy endings rolled up into one. They remind me of the glitzy, glamorous movies that were popular during the depression. Sometimes I need something to transport me out of my mundane existence into the realm of rich, powerful, beautiful people for a few hours. These books definitely fill the bill. Escapist? You bet, and of the very best vintage. Am I tempted to read any more? Not so much, but the fluff was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment