Photo copyright Jon Crispin 2011. www.joncrispin.com

Photo copyright Jon Crispin 2011
www.joncrispin.com

Saturday, December 31, 2011

I don't do New Year's resolutions. I don't like setting myself up for failure that way. I have enough disappointments without going out looking for them. I am doing something a little different this year. I'm participating in an online challenge. This one is a snap for me. It's the Victorian Challenge. The idea is to read works by or about an individual Victorian writer for each month. Here's a link:

http://lauragerold.blogspot.com/2011/12/victorian-challenge-2012-sign-up.html

I downloaded a free copy of Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. I've never read anything by Anne, loathe Wuthering Heights and adore Jane Eyre. I'll find out this month where Anne falls on the continuum between her two sisters.

I get double points in September because I plan to read Gaskell's bio of Charlotte Bronte.

Do you make resolutions? Why or why not.

Either way, happy reading in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment